HH Architects transforms a beautiful 1920’s vintage church campus in an Old East Dallas neighborhood in transition into a new satellite campus for Highland Park United Methodist Church. The dilapidated education building was transformed into a visually exciting Children’s Education Building with a transportation theme incorporating black and white with strong accents of traffic yellow and red, subway tile and treadplate metal. The lower level basement with clerestory windows at the street level now serves as an assembly space for the children’s ministry with state of the art audio visual technology and classrooms for fourth through sixth graders. The upper level houses elementary age classrooms, an art room, a resource room, and offices. The newly renovated education building supports the rapidly expanding children’s ministry in this neighborhood of upwardly mobile young families that are moving into the area and revitalizing the neighborhood.